Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

They brought in 20 something guys from Strikeforce! Dana has said he wants to give each of the 14 guys from this season's TUF a shake as well. 35 new fighters! There has to be cuts somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I think it would be a great fight. Fitch/Askren is probably the first thing popping into a lot of people's heads.
    Isn't this a booking disaster in terms of a promotion looking to excite new viewers on a budget?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fitch has another option. He can get his wife to fight and manage her career instead. She can give the Karate Hottie some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Fitch has another option. He can get his wife to fight and manage her career instead. She can give the Karate Hottie some competition.
    I'm confused by this. She's not a fighter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post

Fighter? No. but I'd beat the brakes off of her.

Jon Fitch looks pretty hot in that picture too.

I dont get some of these cuts.
    I haven't seen much of Paul Sass but DW was just praising him a couple of fights ago. 2 losses and he is booted?
    Jorge Santiago too deserved better. He put up a good show against Nelson. He deserved better.

Gerald Harris made some interesting comments on the situation, I feel he is right to a degree in that if a guy is given a 3 fight contract, he should be allowed 3 fights

"Fighters have no rights," a frustrated Harris wrote yesterday.

"We are not robots or animals -- we are human beings with families and lives outside of fighting. I'm venting because I'm sick of people saying be exciting or be cut. When I look into my kids eyes, I don't say ‘I'm about to go out there and swing for the fences for this company.' I say I'm going to fight as smart as possible to finish this fight and keep food on this table.

"We love to watch our favorite athletes, but in the sport of MMA, fighters come and go like we are a part of a temp agency," he continued. "Brought in to work hard for the ‘Organization' but dumped in the trash like [a] diaper after we are sh--ted on. ... You cannot live day to day or fight to fight not knowing if [you're] going to have a job the next day.

"IN MMA WE KEEP OUR JOB BY WINNING, YOU GAIN FANS BY WINNING! Regardless if they like you or not they will tune in. You lose your job by losing, or in this case not being ‘entertaining,' which is only done in this sport. The fact of the matter is, entertaining or not, if you have a three-fight deal you should get three fights. If [you're] not exciting then yes, you could not be resigned. But to be on the chopping block every time you fight is straight up bulls--t! If you think someone is boring then don't sign them.

"Guys fight safe when they think they can be cut," Harris said in closing. "Do you honestly think that firing a lot of people is going to motivate guys to fight harder? No, they will do the opposite -- anyone who feels they can get cut will do what it takes to win. More focus on competition will lead to more COMPETITIVE fights. Entertainment comes from good competition, not unintelligent fights."

He's 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrannor View Post
    I dont get some of these cuts.
    I haven't seen much of Paul Sass but DW was just praising him a couple of fights ago. 2 losses and he is booted?
    Jorge Santiago too deserved better. He put up a good show against Nelson. He deserved better.
    Yeah, but Santiago was on his 3rd run with UFC, and lost 5 UFC fights in a row.

He doesn't have what it takes to cut it in the UFC.

Yeah - I feel for him - but he should be thankful he got a UFC payday.