Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Like I told everyone, they wanted to find reasons to get rid of Jon Fitch for years. If had lost the Silva fight, they would have cut him right there. Having a recent L-W-L record is also grounds for UFC to cut, although, in this case, I don't think it's a good one. Still, the UFC uses this as a reason to cut him.

Ariel said at the post conference scrum today that Dana only had good things to say about Fitch, said he respects Fitch, did not cut him over anything personal like the video game deal, believes Fitch will be back, and thinks Fitch can be a champ in another organization

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    Ariel said at the post conference scrum today that Dana only had good things to say about Fitch, said he respects Fitch, did not cut him over anything personal like the video game deal, believes Fitch will be back, and thinks Fitch can be a champ in another organization
    Who said it was Dana's decision? He's the front man. He's in charge, except when he isn't.

How they can cut Fitch citing cost, lack of excitement, and sketchy performance, yet employ Koscheck who is pricier, ****tier, and way more boring is beyond my understanding.
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeMMAFan View Post
    Who said it was Dana's decision? He's the front man. He's in charge, except when he isn't.
    end of the day, someone like fitch is a company decision, cutting cj keith would be a joe silva decision that can easily be done without going through dana or lorenzo. Fitch i believe has earned enough of a reputation where that has to be discussed, the fallout alone should prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How they can cut Fitch citing cost, lack of excitement, and sketchy performance, yet employ Koscheck who is pricier, ****tier, and way more boring is beyond my understanding.
    Kos has a name though from TUF 1, he's hated where people tune in sometimes to hopefully see him lose as well, and he has the ability to sell a fight outside of the octagon which i think is a major thing to Dana. you hear him all the time talk about kos being hated and talking **** to rile up fans. he's like chael in ways

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    end of the day, someone like fitch is a company decision, cutting cj keith would be a joe silva decision that can easily be done without going through dana or lorenzo. Fitch i believe has earned enough of a reputation where that has to be discussed, the fallout alone should prove that.
    I disagree with them cutting him, but at the end of the day, he wasn't really cost-effective. He complained about paid too little, but he was never a draw or a big name. The only he had was his unbeaten record. And once he lost that, he wasn't worth very much to the UFC.

"@MikeChiappetta: Dana at 5pm: Jon Fitch's $66k is "super f-cking expensive." Dana, 9pm: "I've gambled away $1 million in a night." Mike C, 9:01: face palm."

"@danawhite: @MikeChiappetta look at chia pet talkin **** about me gambling. U media guys can be ****in tools."

"@MikeChiappetta: @danawhite Not talking ****. 16 guys got cut yesterday. Today they hear you discussing gambling millions. Kinda insensitive, no?"

"@danawhite: @MikeChiappetta he asked me a question and that was the ****ing answer. Should I have lied like most people would? Mind ur biz troublemaker"

"@danawhite: @MikeChiappetta it's people like u that make people in my position not want to be honest. I just don't give a ****!"

"@danawhite: @MikeChiappetta and if ur that ****ing sensitive u shouldn't be listening to Rogans podcast!!!!"

"@MikeChiappetta: @danawhite Mind my business? You talked about it on the air. I have an opinion, you disagree. That's it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is one of the many issues with them cutting Fitch.

There has to be a personal issue playing out because Dana is not making sense.

Fitch sucks and he's boring. A very expensive gatekeeper that the ufc didn't need.