Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

The urge to buy a new console is definitely not what it used to be. I think it'll be a tough time for console manufacturers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    I know what you're saying, but there's no better time to start the buzz... and admittedly, they didn't show much, but I think in their eyes, they thought they had said enough about it.
    Still nothing to do with what I'm saying... but, OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Sony stock following the PS4 conference:

Couple things about that graph.

1. Its so zoomed in you can't really tell that the stock actually fell by about 1%, or 30 cents which is basically nothing.
    2. Thats on the Japanese stock exchange, and it dropping mostly has to do with the fact that they called it "the playstation 4", 4 being a notoriously unlucky number in Eastern Asia (so much so that many tech companies skip the number all together). Either way it was trading up by the end of the day.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...es-on-ps4-news

Quote Originally Posted by cheeto101 View Post
    Couple things about that graph.

1. Its so zoomed in you can't really tell that the stock actually fell by about 1%, or 30 cents which is basically nothing.
    2. Thats on the Japanese stock exchange, and it dropping mostly has to do with the fact that they called it "the playstation 4", 4 being a notoriously unlucky number in Eastern Asia (so much so that many tech companies skip the number all together). Either way it was trading up by the end of the day.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...es-on-ps4-news
    I must say that I am supremely underwhelmed by the PS4. It's also pretty much a sure thing that there won't be any hardware backward compatibility which sucks. if it does, it'll be relying on streaming tech or software emulation. Personally, I find none of what they showed required a new hardware release. A lot of these online integration stuff could have been software based and pushed onto PS3s, I think. Of course, the hardware of PS4 is different, but if you're looking at capabilities, I think RAM is the biggest difference here. RAM also just means shorter load times and more texture asset preloading (and marginally better textures). Shrugs.

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    I must say that I am supremely underwhelmed by the PS4. It's also pretty much a sure thing that there won't be any hardware backward compatibility which sucks. if it does, it'll be relying on streaming tech or software emulation. Personally, I find none of what they showed required a new hardware release. A lot of these online integration stuff could have been software based and pushed onto PS3s, I think. Of course, the hardware of PS4 is different, but if you're looking at capabilities, I think RAM is the biggest difference here. RAM also just means shorter load times and more texture asset preloading (and marginally better textures). Shrugs.
    Like I said before, we arn't going to see massive leaps in terms of graphics anymore. Not only is the hardware too costly, but the cost of developing games starts to skyrocket exponentially as the ability to create more detailed environments increases. Much of what we saw from the Killzone and Capcom game (probably the 2 best demos for what the ps4 can do of the show) had faaarrrr more on screen particle effects, better lighting systems etc. Its the same kind of stuff we see from current PC games (go run borderlands 2 with a recent nvidia graphics card with the PhysX on, and compare it to the console version), but the 360/PS3 just don't have the hardware to run that kind of stuff. The graphics upgrades of this gen are all going to be based around things like PhysX which contribute some pretty awesome effects without a dev having to pay someone hundreds of hours to create the content.

I kind of agree with you in that they don't "have to" release a new console right now, but really why not? The media has been screaming that this gen has gone on far too long, console sales of all systems are slowing down and there is a fairly substantial difference between current gen console games and current PC games when it comes to graphics.

There should of been a huge leap in graphics. They're still 2 generations behind what a PC can out put. If anything, showing all this stuff just hurts PC gaming more because once again we'll be subject to dumbed down PC ports. Speaking of dumbing down, thanks Blizzard!

The entire conference was full of stolen ideas and misleading bull**** in an attempt to impress the ignorant. The constant pandering to those was shocking. "We have 8 GB of ram!", yes.. and? Welcome to 4 ****ing years ago in PC gaming. It was what, 2 days ago? That nVidia's reveled it's new graphics card and that has 6GB of ram on it's OWN. Sure it costs $900 but still. You see what I'm getting at.

What the **** is the top of my tv going to look like when this hits and and neXtbox? I'll have a big ass chunky kinect style thing with this PS4 kinect blutac'd ontop and ontop of that my Wii U censor bar! What the ****!

I'm willing to bet most if not all, were prerendered and not any actual gameplay. I find it very hard to trust Guerilla after the Killzone 2 debacle and with nothing actually being playable on the show floor or after party... I dunno. Something feels off to me. Hopefully I'm wrong and that Killzone footage was actual gameplay.

The Squeenix demo was old and shown in June last year as was the UE4 demo.

Watch Dogs was the best thing from the show just like E3 and once again it was running on a PC and no current gen or next gen hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'm willing to bet most if not all, were prerendered and not any actual gameplay. I find it very hard to trust Guerilla after the Killzone 2 debacle and with nothing actually being playable on the show floor or after party... I dunno. Something feels off to me. Hopefully I'm wrong and that Killzone footage was actual gameplay.

The Squeenix demo was old and shown in June last year as was the UE4 demo.
    While I am very miffed with what I saw, I wouldn't go as far as say the stuff were prerendered. I think there's probably a few that slipped in, but most of the stuff are actual real-time 3D on PCs. Personally, I find tech demos just noisy talk when it comes to games. These are things you won't really see materialize until there's an actual product on it. So, to me... PS4 show was quite empty. I was most intrigued with how Sony was going to utilize Gaikai. Turns out, they didn't explain how they were going to rectify the current limitations of the system.

I dunno... that car demo certainly seemed veeeery cinematic and prerendered until the last 5 or so seconds of the "demo" when it actually looked like in game.

What annoyed me most was all this stuff about online backend features. Auto downloads, video uploading, etc etc. It's like they're completely clueless to the data caps and restrictions isp's bring to the table. I have the best and fastest ISP available in my area and that's only 5mb down and 40kb up. How is there new system and architecture supposed to work well for me? I foresee a lot of broken promises and none functioning features for many. I get this horrible vibe from them that gaming is supposed to be a special privilege and not a hobby.

Didnt see it,but Im happy people are ****ting all over it so I can get one on release day.Whole world is just full of negative people these days.Sounds like they showed nothing and all I read is how much it sucked.

From most of the round ups I have read the reveal went on for far too long and was filled corporate marketing speak. The graphical leap didn't seem all that great. Even as a Nintendo fanboi I am excited for the release of the PS4. 8 gig ram dwarfs the Wii U but on the plus side Watch_Dogs was confirmed for Wii U. Should be exciting to see what games will be ready at luanch and how Microsoft will respond.

One thing that does bug me though is that with the whole Aliens : CM and Ubisoft backing out Rayman exclusivity I just don't have that much faith/trust in anything games companies say any more.
    "The power of the people is much stronger than the people in power"