Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    There should of been a huge leap in graphics. They're still 2 generations behind what a PC can out put. If anything, showing all this stuff just hurts PC gaming more because once again we'll be subject to dumbed down PC ports. Speaking of dumbing down, thanks Blizzard!

The entire conference was full of stolen ideas and misleading bull**** in an attempt to impress the ignorant. The constant pandering to those was shocking. "We have 8 GB of ram!", yes.. and? Welcome to 4 ****ing years ago in PC gaming. It was what, 2 days ago? That nVidia's reveled it's new graphics card and that has 6GB of ram on it's OWN. Sure it costs $900 but still. You see what I'm getting at.
    Again, the problem is the cost. Yah Nvidia just released the Titan, but the card itself is about a grand. Selling a console is already a hard sell in this economy at $400+, Sony releasing another console in the $600+ range would be akin to corporate suicide. Even the hardware that they are showing is going to be sold at a loss just like last generation. Plus you have to factor in that this last generation was one of the worst gens ever for game developers as we have seen game development costs skyrocketing and pushing the little developer out of the picture even more. The reason for that is that it costs a ridiculous amount of money to develop at the high end of what the current systems are capable of graphically. The amount of man hours that go into modelling, texturing, etc. is far and above more then any previous generation. Game development cost only gets worse as the technology improves.

Like I said before, what this new gen allows is for the developers to start integrating new procedural elements that the current gen of consoles isn't capable of. That is the stuff that will add plenty of awesome effects to new games without developers having to break the bank to make a game. Plus in Sony's case, the cloud stuff and increased focus on internet connectivity will allow them to slowly phase out physical copies of the games like the pc has to further reduce production costs.

This gen, more then any other gen in the past, is going to be all about saving money. This last generation for everyone but Nintendo was all about excess and spending far too much money on hardware and game development. That has to change or Sony + Msoft will be done with the console business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I also dont understand why PC gamers dont get it.Yes your versions are superior to consoles,I dont think that is up for debate.But, I dont want to fuss with updating drivers and opening files and changing lines of codes or having to install different operating systems to play some games.I just want to play.I dont have a ton of time to fuss around with stuff.I want to turn on the tv and play.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    I also dont understand why PC gamers dont get it.Yes your versions are superior to consoles,I dont think that is up for debate.But, I dont want to fuss with updating drivers and opening files and changing lines of codes or having to install different operating systems to play some games.I just want to play.I dont have a ton of time to fuss around with stuff.I want to turn on the tv and play.
    To be honest, I would strictly play console games for that very reason if consoles offered mouse + keyboard support.

Dealing with PC hardware is a pain in the ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ni No Kuni is ****ing outstanding.

The rumours for the neXtbox is that it blocks preowned games, has a kinect 2.0 bundled with it, has some horse**** controller that's a Wii U copy and will need to be always online.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeto101 View Post
    Again, the problem is the cost.
    To that I say....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Ni No Kuni is ****ing outstanding.

The rumours for the neXtbox is that it blocks preowned games, has a kinect 2.0 bundled with it, has some horse**** controller that's a Wii U copy and will need to be always online.

To that I say....

Both of those are tech demos, which have basically nothing to do with actually developing a game. The best attempt we have had at truly lifelike faces thus far is LA Noire, and that single game destroyed a game studio it cost so much to develop.

Plus those are both stills, which again means that the comparison is moot considering that we can't see the true effect of the shaders or lighting effects.

Edit: And we don't actually know how much processing power is being used by either gpu. That one face could be taxing all of the 8800's processing power, and the other could be a fraction of the PS4s. We just don't know.
    Last edited by cheeto101; 02-21-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Oh plus I just realized thats an 8800. I had an 8800 ultra (highest end of the 8800 models) and that card is about on par with current consoles right now in terms of actual performance. It will run BF3 on medium - high settings with zero AA filtering.

It certainly can't run anything current on high - ultra high settings. It chugs on the Witcher 2, Guild Wars 2 etc. Hence I had to upgrade.

ive yet to open my copy of ni no kuni

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    ive yet to open my copy of ni no kuni
    Best rpg of this gen imo

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    PC gaming is way less cumbersome than it was, at least in terms of playing games you've bought off Steam. Ever since PC gaming has begun to lean towards a controller over KB+M, I haven't looked back at a console. In the past 3 years I've been into PC gaming, there're only 2 games I had technical issues with (GTA4 which wasn't optimized for PC at all, and Fallout 3, which had an incompatibility issue with quad-core PCs).
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by niniendowarrior View Post
    Don't forget the Vita price cut!
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/2...tside-of-japan

Seems like they wont cut the price on the Vita or the ridiculously priced memory cards. Sony keeps shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to their mobile gaming platform.