Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think their crusade against used games is going to backfire horribly, especially if WiiU and Microsoft aren't on board. Used games are a huge piece of the market, not only for people that buy mostly used games, but to people that buy new games with the intent of finishing and then selling them off immediately.
    Right now, there are evidences that support MS and Sony going the way of attacking used game sales. Part of the purported MS 'always on' policy is to supposedly do this specific function and curb down used game sales. Nobody is just asking MS because Durango isn't even officially unveiled yet.

Other theories flying around Sony's patent is that PS4 may let you play the first few levels of the game before asking you to buy a full license.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

They're going to announce the new Final Fantasy for PS4. Apparently, the Lighting Returns game is going to be for both systems (and the old systems?!??!). The one being announced at E3 is a completely different game that appears to be PS4 exclusive. I'm all in for one depending on how that game looks.

One thing about trying to curb the sale of used games. This is something developers have been pushing for. They got upset when my company started doing trade ins and selling used games.

Yeah, but even still - it'll crush a system.

Imagine not being able to take your copy of Assassins Creed over to your buddy's house to play it. Or imagine not being able to rent a game to try it out.

Being forced to pay full price for every game will kill a system imo - unless the games suddenly get incredibly less expensive (which, judging from current online games - isn't going to happen).

5. Default

If they get rid of the used game market I won't buy a system at all and just use that money to upgrade my PC.

Buying used games and rentals have been part of gaming since I can remember. What has changed the market that necessitates implementing a new distribution system? Canīt be Gamestop alone, can it? And isnīt the industry constantly bragging that they have higher revenue and profit than the movie business?

I donīt like calling them greedy as it simplifies the problem, but what other reason is there? If you donīt want me to buy used games then maybe you should overthink your digital distribution system and get games without a physical copy to me for a reasonable price. You know, like Steam has been doing for years

7. Default

That would be another issue for me as well, I don't want only digital copies of a game. If that happens I won't be buiying a console either, I will just upgrade my PC and Leben all the games I want to play.
    Sure I will miss out on some exclusives, but I will be saving me a whole lot in return.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
    Buying used games and rentals have been part of gaming since I can remember. What has changed the market that necessitates implementing a new distribution system? Canīt be Gamestop alone, can it? And isnīt the industry constantly bragging that they have higher revenue and profit than the movie business?

I donīt like calling them greedy as it simplifies the problem, but what other reason is there? If you donīt want me to buy used games then maybe you should overthink your digital distribution system and get games without a physical copy to me for a reasonable price. You know, like Steam has been doing for years
    Might not be Game Stop. But when the largest electronic retailer in the country starts doing trade ins and selling used games it could be a problem.

I give a **** less about used games,but I do agree charging full price for digital downloads in Sonys case reeks of greed.Even 10 bucks cheaper would be at least a gesture

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post

It all boils down to getting more money. For big developers, they see used game sales as a legitimate way of getting the game without really compensating the developer. I don't know if the hyperbole where it costs them a crap ton of money is true... but for small-time developers and indie folks, this could literally kill them because they stake their survival over making money on the game and they don't have a big safety net to rely on.

Either way, used game sales are being funneled into the same group as pirated ones. This is the first time I've heard of one of the major hardware console manufacturers doing something about it.