Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Hahahahahaha.

I learned that when I got pulled over for texting last year. I hadn't completed the text, so I offered to show the phone to the cop to prove I wasn't texting (even though I was). The cop then told me that he can't ask for the phone and can't use it as evidence. He can only go based on what he sees. Then he wrote me a ticket.

I got out of it though! DId a trial by declaration. The cop wrote "Talking on the cell phone" on the ticket - and I was able to show (via my phone records) that there were no calls made in the time period where I was pulled over. I received a notice in the mail saying I won - but haven't gotten my bail back yet (6 months later)
    Bail....they arrested you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    That's what I was wondering...

Wasn't Bulldog away from the board for a few months???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

always knew bulldog was a criminal
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    To do a trial by declaration - you have to post bail (i.e. pay the traffic ticket) and they refund it if you win.

Your phone is no different than your home computer. The court is being utterly arbitrary in rejecting the obvious analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Hahahahahaha.

I learned that when I got pulled over for texting last year. I hadn't completed the text, so I offered to show the phone to the cop to prove I wasn't texting (even though I was). The cop then told me that he can't ask for the phone and can't use it as evidence. He can only go based on what he sees. Then he wrote me a ticket.

I got out of it though! DId a trial by declaration. The cop wrote "Talking on the cell phone" on the ticket - and I was able to show (via my phone records) that there were no calls made in the time period where I was pulled over. I received a notice in the mail saying I won - but haven't gotten my bail back yet (6 months later)

Anyone who texts and drives deserves a ticket, IMO. It's way too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Agreed. I feel the same about talking on the phone while driving unless you can plug the phone in so you don't have to hold it up to your ear.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    I totally agree. I used to be bad at texting and driving, and am glad they outlawed it as it likely saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Greezy View Post