Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    What are you doing now then?
    Getting paid big bucks to sit here reading this message board I'm a Sales Manager for a distribution company.
    He's got a heart as big as Tito's f*cking head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
    Getting paid big bucks to sit here reading this message board I'm a Sales Manager for a distribution company.
    Hahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Yeah? My wife fainted at work (she skipped breakfast and is pregnant, sh*t happens) and her work called the Ambulance and they took her to the ER (which, btw, is the building next door from where she works).

She was in a bed for 6 hours. She was seen twice by two different doctors (one for her, one for the baby) and then a third time after the 6 hours to do a final check up. They literally did nothing outside of an IV and provide her a bed. Nothing.

We paid nothing because her work covered it. Final bill: $48,000.00. I'm not even fvcking kidding. Total of 20 minutes (TOPS) doctor time and another 20 minutes of a nurse popping in and checking in. I was floored.
    Think of it this way...

Of that $48,000 you are paying for the administrators, doctors, nurse, assistants (called "special care aides" in our health region), clerical staff, maintenance staff, security, dieticians, food staff, housekeeping, medical supplies, power, gas, water, and more. Like every other service there's costs we don't take into consideration (for example, when the plumber makes a service call at your home - gas, tool replacement, supplies, health benefits, etc). Plus, in your system, there has to be something left over for a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBill View Post
    $16k in loans, all from living expenses in grad school. I knew what I was getting into. A PhD in bio isn't going to pay all that well, even if I can get a faculty job. For me, it's about enjoying the work. I, like Thumpin, sat down and figured out a lot of these things early on, so I knew what I was getting myself into.
    will now address you as Dr.Angrybill

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Yeah? My wife fainted at work (she skipped breakfast and is pregnant, sh*t happens) and her work called the Ambulance and they took her to the ER (which, btw, is the building next door from where she works).

She was in a bed for 6 hours. She was seen twice by two different doctors (one for her, one for the baby) and then a third time after the 6 hours to do a final check up. They literally did nothing outside of an IV and provide her a bed. Nothing.

We paid nothing because her work covered it. Final bill: $48,000.00. I'm not even fvcking kidding. Total of 20 minutes (TOPS) doctor time and another 20 minutes of a nurse popping in and checking in. I was floored.
    That is so fücking ridiculous I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want healthcare covered by taxes. It might all be fine and nice when you're making money and paying very low taxes but you get hurt you're fücked. I mean what if your wife's job didn't cover the bill? Do you have insurance of some sort to take care of it or would you be forced to pay all the money yourself?

EDIT: Don't want to overlook Thumpin's case, that is a horrible situation too.
    Last edited by spasgur; 02-22-2013 at 05:01 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    That is so fücking ridiculous I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want healthcare covered by taxes. It might all be fine and nice when you're making money and paying very low taxes but you get hurt you're fücked. I mean what if your wife's job didn't cover the bill? Do you have insurance of some sort to take care of it or would you be forced to pay all the money yourself?

EDIT: Don't want to overlook Thumpin's case, that is a horrible situation too.
    The BS thing is that I was literally begging the stupid nurses to send a doctor in to release us since everything was fine after...oh....the first 2 minutes she was on the IV (and we felt like prisoners 20 minutes into the whole ordeal).

Literally was the biggest bunch of BS ever. It comes off as hospitals intentionally doing it to justify the bills on the paper.

If you can't pay you don't and the next guy gets an 8000 dollar xray. Uhc is the same but you just get a tax increase. We happen to have a very disproportionate number of fatties here whom are healthcare dollar blackholes they don't work and take millions of dollars to keep alive for decades while we cut pieces off one blackened toe, foot, and leg at a time. So i get to watch my premiums go up every year while i use less than 200 bucks a year in services.

Bd if she fainted you'd at least want an ekg. If there was something wrong you'd want to be in the er. Low blood sugar could be fixed at an urgent care center, but if it was something serious you'd have to go to an er any way. So you did the right thing. Just remember it is an er and there are people there that are seriously ill and they come way before a discharge patient. That's why you're there so long. See it from our side. Nobody in that er gets a dollar more if they keep you longer or takes more tests. It does suck when you're sitting there, been on that end too, but if tge doctor is sprinting to your room it's bad

6 hours is absurd.

A bill for $48,000 is absurd.

Way of the world. 6 hours isn't bad man. 48k is. Come on. How many employees you think we have in the er? Each.nurse has 4+ patients, depending on acuity, and your dr probably has 10. They probably range from heart attack to elbow feels funny if you go to the er expect at least 3 hours.