Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shouldn´t you be mad at the consumers of $****ty music rather than the people producing it? The music industry gives the masses what they want and that is generic, easy to digest pop.

I'm really confused by the point of this thread.

Are you saying that song, which I turned off after 3 seconds, should be praised as much as Thriller?!?!

I'll be the first to hate on today's mainstream music, but it's ****ing Thriller!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all I'm saying is there is a ton of different music out there, and a tiny portion gets pushed on people. ... and I do mean pushed.

I wasn't even hyping candlemass, just happened to be listening to them at the moment

Oh, in that regard, I absolutely 100% agree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by labria4 View Post
    I don't know how anyone can say this is the best of all time. The band hasn't made even a scratch in the top albums.
    Never said they were the best of all time, but ... making a dent in record sales means absolutely zero to me, and should to anyone else who loves music. Is that really your criteria for good music? Or even part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by labria4 View Post
    I don't know how anyone can say this is the best of all time. The band hasn't made even a scratch in the top albums. They played some crappy tunes disguised as elite guitar playing and died off. That is all they contributed. That is what Candlemass is to me.
    Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Nobody said they were the "greatest band of all time", and even fewer people have ever classified Candlemass as having "elite" guitar playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Nobody said they were the "greatest band of all time", and even fewer people have ever classified Candlemass as having "elite" guitar playing.
    Yeah, the guitar playing is pedestrian, but the mood is cool, and some great vocals over the years.

Metal needs to stay unpopular. Otherwise you end up with the 80s and Enter Sandman. If Candlemass made a hit tune, you know Sony/BMG would be lining up some obscure death metal band to write songs with Desmond Child.
    RIP Cammy

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearExorcist View Post
    Both Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall are some of the best doom metal LP's ever done and definitely one of my favorite bands of all time. If you enjoy their sound and traditional doom metal don't forget to check out at least Blue Cheer, Pentagram, Saint Vitus, Trouble. Also Reverend Bizarre from Finland were pretty good.
    If you like Candlemass, other than the bands you mentioned you really ought to check out Solitude Aeturnus, which is where the lead vocalist from the last 3 Candlemass albums came from. I'll check out your recommendations now. Already have them ready.

Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Metal needs to stay unpopular. Otherwise you end up with the 80s and Enter Sandman. If Candlemass made a hit tune, you know Sony/BMG would be lining up some obscure death metal band to write songs with Desmond Child.

Which is why the music industry can go to hell.

I think now that music doesn't need to be physically distributed, the old model is dead, and the record companies should die.

There is very little money actually needed to produce a decent CD or digital album now. Because people are so different, and WOULD have such disparate taste if they weren't so easily influenced by trends ... hey what's trending on #TWITTER now???? ... there really should be a lot more bands with smaller followings but able to make a living and perpetuate their art, yet still find an audience.

And I really respect Shamrocked, but FUK Michael Jackson and that garbage. Shammy, when was the last time you listened to Thriller? Was it awesome?