Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Don you be crazy mad. Why? People like easy music. Always have, always will. The reality is you, and many of us, prefer non popular subsets of music. We are a minority. Same for tv and movies; Hollywood does not make movies for Pirate Eater.
    Last edited by Cbear; 02-24-2013 at 01:38 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    If you like Candlemass, other than the bands you mentioned you really ought to check out Solitude Aeturnus, which is where the lead vocalist from the last 3 Candlemass albums came from. I'll check out your recommendations now. Already have them ready.
    Ha, was going to recommend Solitude Aeuturnus as well but forgot! Yes, it's great and that's where I believe Rob Lowe ultimately belongs to. I was really excited when they announced him as the replacement for Messiah, but as great of a vocalist he is, after a while I was convinced that he just wasn't the right man for Candlemass.

He also did not work well in live setting, the last time I saw them they were clearly frustrated to work together as he still kept forgetting lyrics etc and had to read them occasionally from a paper. I think that ended up being the reason they ended up sacking him.

Mats Leven from Krux, Therion etc is doing the vocals now.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Don you be crazy mad. Why? People like easy music. Always have, always will. The reality is you, and many of us, prefer non popular subsets of music. We are a minority. Same for tv and movies; Hollywood does not make movies for Pirate Eater.
    Im with you on this. Although my taste is much different from the stuff you guys are referencing, i like being able to find my gems in music and cinema and keep it at that. But i understand your frustration at how so many people over the years miss out on alot of great music because of how things are pushed/promoted and how some things are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Nobody said they were the "greatest band of all time", and even fewer people have ever classified Candlemass as having "elite" guitar playing.
    I don't know where I came up with this. I might have read some youtube comments or read it on another forum. I know I was looking up some more music by them. I responded here instead of where I should have.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearExorcist View Post
    Ha, was going to recommend Solitude Aeuturnus as well but forgot! Yes, it's great and that's where I believe Rob Lowe ultimately belongs to. I was really excited when they announced him as the replacement for Messiah, but as great of a vocalist he is, after a while I was convinced that he just wasn't the right man for Candlemass.

He also did not work well in live setting, the last time I saw them they were clearly frustrated to work together as he still kept forgetting lyrics etc and had to read them occasionally from a paper. I think that ended up being the reason they ended up sacking him.

Mats Leven from Krux, Therion etc is doing the vocals now.
    I love Lowe's voice, and I think Death Magic Doom is a great album. Not a great live performer, though, for sure. He looks like they dragged the sound guy on stage to perform ... but his singing is stellar. After watching him live (on DVD) I feel like I want to write a doom metal comedy starring Danny McBride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.