Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    My Sport cost more than that back in 2000 but its not a chick model like Bulldog bought. Mine is the manly Jeep and it costs more for the manliness.
    You have a 2000 wrangler sport and you're calling ME the chick?????!?

My first car was a 78 CJ that I drove for 7 years or so and changed the oil like....5 times total. Never a single problem. I decided against the new Wranglers when I bought my car a few years ago due to how much of a chick car they've become. Also knew a baby was in the future and the wrangler won't work for that.

If either one of you have a "Its a jeep thing you wouldnt understand" sticker,we are no longer friends.

Though Im guessing Cbears has a "I want to be barbie,that bitch has everything" one.

My question is...why would you buy new?

Look into Enterprise Car Sales. A bit of a plug but man, I wouldn't buy anywhere else.

 Clear, no-haggle pricing which is always below the market value
     7-Day Repurchase Agreement.
     12/12 Limited Powertrain Warranty
     Enterprise Roadside Assistance for one year
     Special Financing for special circumstances
     Huge inventory and variety of vehicles
     Trades accepted at all locations

Basically, I bought a 2012 Sonata last June from them, it had 18k miles on it and I got it 6K less than brand new.

What they do is when they turn over their million car rental fleet, they pick the cream of the crop and auction the ones 'ridden hard' off to dealership and such.

If you buy new then fine, but why walk off with all the depreciation when you can get a new model one without the depreciation?

If you buy used, don't go anywhere else, you're just buying a rental car anyway but without the true certification.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm guessing those are 18K miles were NOT driven by the little old lady next door just going down the street to pick up a few things at the grocery. Those are hard miles on that car. As someone who drives rental cars all the time I can tell you firsthand that I would not want any of those as my full time ride.

Every time I've driven a rental car I've said "**** it,it isn't my car at least 20 times".Im not a handy guy I can't deal with used cars,I need a long warranty where I can drive to the dealer and have them fix any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    I'm guessing those are 18K miles were NOT driven by the little old lady next door just going down the street to pick up a few things at the grocery. Those are hard miles on that car. As someone who drives rental cars all the time I can tell you firsthand that I would not want any of those as my full time ride.
    I have mixed feelings on by buying rental cars. On the one hand, you're absolutely correct about how people drive rentals. 18k on a rental probably isn't the same as 18k driven by an old lady. On the other hand, there is no guarantee that the old lady ever had a simple oil change during the 18k miles (or 30k or 40k or 50k, etc.). At least with a rental car, there is an above average chance (never a guarantee) that all the routine maintenance is more or less up to date, for no other reason than these companies not wanting to be held liable if something goes wrong while a customer is driving due to improper maintenance.

Live posting from car dealer.Scotchguard sales pitch and overall cheese factor approaching unbearable levels at the 1 hour mark

I don't know how our sales manager got you this price....Wish me luck Sean!

Tell them to write down their best deal then leave and make sure they know you're taking this price to the next dealer. Then let them openly compete. Either that or if you're like me and want it done offer 85% and don't budge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.