Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Arizona desert
    Posts
    4,886

    Default GP heavy injures arm...

    /*point translation*/

    Minotauro broke his left arm before GP
    Rematch against Fedor will be hopeless

    It is clear that Minotauro who fought against Champion Fedor @ PRIDE HW GP got injured his left upper arm and appeared with chapped bones. Although Minotauro has always felt pain there, he has trained so hard to be HW Champion. However, his left arm doesn't stretch out. He was injected with a painkiller to fight.
    As soon as Minotauro comes back to Brazil, he will see his general practitioner. Everything depends on the result. Possiblly, he will have an operation.
    It is NOT likely to open Minotauro vs. Fedor at PRIDE28, 31st Oct. At the earliest, the fight will do at Otoko Festival, New Year's Eve. Or, it will postpone more.


    i got this from another forum (kakatu.com) and it was translated from an articale from sportsnavi.com

    now it seems fedor's cut was a blessing in disguise for nog. it's almost certain we'll see the rematch no earlier than new years eve.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Yeap, it is top news at SportNavi.

    There are no news about it in Brazilian sites yet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    65,031

    Default

    Good grief, the top 2 heavyweights in the world out of action with injuries. No way can they fight in in Oct, it will be the NY eve show which sucks because the world won't get to see it. At this point, I wish they would hold off till after NY so we can see it.

  4. #4
    dogofwar Guest

    Default

    Well Sergei is still around and he should have been in the Finals anyways.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    /*point translation*/ Minotauro broke his left arm before GP
    Rematch against Fedor will be hopeless
    Good
    and it was hopeless for Nog to begin with. Maybe he could've used the choke he "created"........

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogofwar
    Well Sergei is still around and he should have been in the Finals anyways.
    dogofwar when most see this fight they will say they think nog won, no questions asked!!
    Sergei did great but to say he did enough to win is crazy & to say this is just pride is crazy too i believe under UFC rules he would have won still

    but ill see tomorrow night & after what everyone thinks. won't we?
    Stay Small, Walk Tall

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    10,977

    Default

    Terrible news. I was looking forward to this fight taking place sometime yet in the year 2004.

    Unfortunately for Nog, this inactivity is going to hurt him.

  8. #8
    dogofwar Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rootsa
    dogofwar when most see this fight they will say they think nog won, no questions asked!!
    Sergei did great but to say he did enough to win is crazy & to say this is just pride is crazy too i believe under UFC rules he would have won still

    but ill see tomorrow night & after what everyone thinks. won't we?
    You are wrong, the people who thought Nog beat Ricco may think so..everyone else will see Sergei win and get booted to make way for Nog/Fedor in the final.

  9. #9

    Default

    Nog beat Sergei fair and square, everyone with some knowledge of MMA knows it when they see it. I don't mind waiting, as long as both Fedor and Nog will be healthy, but if the recovery time is too long, I think Fedor might face Mirko a lot sooner, altough I wouldn't mind seeing him face Sergei next either, even though he lost at the gp.

  10. #10
    dogofwar Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kimura
    Nog beat Sergei fair and square, everyone with some knowledge of MMA knows it when they see it. I don't mind waiting, as long as both Fedor and Nog will be healthy, but if the recovery time is too long, I think Fedor might face Mirko a lot sooner, altough I wouldn't mind seeing him face Sergei next either, even though he lost at the gp.
    Sure if by fair and square you mean getting robbed...

    Again, Sergei controls the entire first round minus the last 2 minutes where Nog gets the mount, he was better during the stand up, he was better on the ground..

    And Sergei won the second round. Other than 2 minutes of the fight Sergei won, so granted this is the same people who think Nog beat Ricco, I'll just agree to disagree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •